Thursday, September 27, 2007

Property Damage

I'm not saying that one of the cats did eat my earphones, and I'm not saying that one of the cats didn't eat my earphones, I'm just saying that my brand new Sennheiser earphones no longer work in my left ear, and that there are exposed wires covered in cat saliva.


After spending a few minutes being angry and another couple idly wondering whether there is a world distance record for cat hurling, it occurred to me (in the style of the flashback at the end of the Sixth Sense) that we've spent literally hours over the last six days teaching both cats to chase colourful pieces of string on a stick. I've been perfectly training them to do this to me.

Kami also seems to have developed an obsession with attacking anything that moves quickly. This is great fun when it's a fluffy mouse or a ball of yarn. It's less fun when it's my thumb moving around on my Xbox controller while i'm playing Halo 3. If you happen to be playing me on Live and I sporadically jerk up and to the left and drop all my weapons, there's probably a kitten scratching at my face.

1 comment:

MattJ said...

It amazes me, it really does - all the evidence is there and yet cat zombie slaves always say 'they're not evil, they're cute'. Come the revolution we may have to use you as bio-fuel to power the felinorator.